My version of the classic healthy carrot loaf cake. Its tempting, light, super moist, and packed with outstanding spice flavors. I'm sharing my recipe so you can enjoy a slice of it at home (its makes perfect company with a scoop of Vanilla carabao-milk ice cream and freshly brewed Arabica coffee).
The carrot cake will keep for a week in a sealed container.
Blissful Carrot Loaf Cake
Makes one 9x5" loaf (about 8-10 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine muscovado sugar and oil. Add the eggs, and vanilla extract then beat on high speed for about 1 minute.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry stuff. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are incorporated, then crank up the speed and blend on high until batter is smooth.
- Add shredded carrot, pecans and raisins and mix by hand. Pour batter into a 9"x5" inch baking loaf pan that has been generously greased with butter. Sprinkle the sides of the pan with a modest amount of flour.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.